Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Men's Top 5 list - things they can't live without. Part II

Polled randomly from the Personal Pages of The Onion, here they are in descending order of category frequency (though not of individual elements within them):

* Possessions
ipod
books
spell checker
a good newsstand
a bottle of scotch
dark chocolate
my roadbike
my telemark skis
my passports
Pancakes
coffee
art
my skillet
more pancakes
water
coffee
food and wine
passport
CD
Furniture
Swash 600
Black t-shirts (long sleeve), and black t-shirts (short
Sleeve)
Beef
the obligatory I pod
a nice cup of coffee
My music collection
Thai
a toothbrush
food
coffee
computer
music
motorcycle
the sound and the fury by faulkner
invisible monsters by palahniuk
anything by amy hempel
kafka's diaries
Books
dogs
music
my Yankees cap
coffee
Snickers
New York Times
Passports (US & Italy so far!)
Motorcycle (K1200S)
Sangiovese (the '99 Paleo is drinking quite well!)
Sig (226S)
a Loaf of Bread
A Flask of Wine
a Book of Verse
nikon
moleskine
notebook
organic peanut butter
1961 Fender Telecaster Guitar
Coffee
books
showers.
a filter to cope with the large volume of mail I get from this website!
powerbook
books
iPod, Thai food
my bikes and clipless pedals
the iPod
a camera
A comfortable bed
REALLY cold water
Tivo
A computer
My meditation cushion


* Relationships
family, friends
friends
My pup (la bella Coco, the unlikely Pomeranian)
my cats
My Family My Friends
A girlfriend who is also a best friend, close friends
Friends
My friends and family


* Emotions and human characteristics
Peace
Love
talk
my goofy imagination
Privacy



* Experiences and sensations
a feeling of achievement after a day's work
intelligent banter
A good laugh


*Places
fresh food markets
San Francisco
the Fillmore
Golden Gate Park
the ocean
a decent kitchen with a stocked larder
kitchen
beneath the Bough


*Activities
yoga
kissing,
An Afternoon nap
playing with my 'monkey'



*Existence basics: none

Special mention to the individual whose collection of five things was positively hillarious:

"Pancakes, coffee, art, my skillet, more pancakes"

What's up with the art amidst the breakfast obsession??

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Don't knock the art of breakfast making and eating.